The Kandio Method
Kandio’s assessment tests let you assess the candidates, employees, agencies or freelancers you have concerning any Facebook advertisement tasks that you might have.
Remember that Kandio offers guidelines on which Google marketers to proceed with, and which ones to discard. Kandio will give you reliable directions about things advertisers should know about, but an advertiser can be qualified, even if he does not know about all of these things.
We suggest that you use our tests before your interview process to know which ones to actually talk to. The final Kandio report should be a piece of conversation with the strong candidates, rather than a disqualifying process in a late-stage interview process.
The focus subject of Google Analytics, and how we test
Google Analytics is an essential tool for any website, especially when its products and services are presented to customers online.
This test focuses on the following subject areas:
- Definitions and interface. This covers the basic and advanced functionalities of the tool. Whether you’re setting up your main dashboard to provide you with all the useful insights or simply monitoring your set KPI’s, having the basic knowledge of the interface will help you make informed decisions.
- Implementation and analysis of data. Google Analytics has grown into a very robust and powerful analytics tool. There are plenty of data points to choose from wherein you could apply your own data monitoring implementation and analytics.
So why do we do it this way?
Google Analytics gives you a thorough understanding of the users of your website. It gives you an idea of how your website performs based on the data collected from all its visitors. Using Google Analytics can help you analyze all your data points and transform it into valuable insights that will help you make data-driven decisions on strategies. A candidate can have a basic understanding of Google Analytics but if their knowledge does not cover all the available analytical techniques on all available data points, they may not be able to maximize the insights that can be derived to make your website perform better.
How would you use this test?
This test can cover different cases.
Which areas do we assess in this test?
- Assess marketing agencies and their respective specialists within their field and know about their Google Analytics capabilities.
- Test current employees about their knowledge of applying Google Analytics to your website.
- Assess possible future employees to see if you should qualify and move their application forward or discard them to save yourself the time.
- Test freelancers and independent professionals with their capabilities. There are several ways to learn Google Analytics independently and it’s easy for some professionals to say that they’re an expert. Testing them will help give you an idea if they can indeed help you or not.
There are 3 main responsibilities that are tested in this assessment.
- Customizing interface according to goals
- Goal-setting and strategizing
- Data insights and analysis
Parts of this test touches on expert functions of Google Analytics. This will let you know if your candidate is more entry-level, or if he has substantial experience, as these functions are rarely used if you don’t have a significant amount of experience.
Definitions and interface
It’s essential to know your way around the interface as well as the correct lingo and terminology on different definitions—especially when collaborating with other marketing and sales resources in the company's value chain. A candidate needs to know his definitions to establish a good collaboration.
Analysis and data
Google Analytics can form, sort, arrange, and list data in an almost infinite amount of different ways. Frankly, the platform is so comprehensive, that having insufficient experience with data or the analysis hereof, can cause disastrous business impact.
Setup and implementation
Having a correct setup on Google Analytics is paramount for the success of any digital strategy that includes data and analytics. Part of this test touches setup and implementation, so you know that your candidate knows about these steps.
We hope this test will help you the way it is helping us.
Please reach out if you have any questions regarding the content, questions or anything else.